Someone in a Tree

It's the fragment, not the day. It's the pebble, not the stream. It's the ripple, not the sea, that is happening. Not the building but the beam. Not the garden but the stone. Only cups of tea. And history. And someone in a tree.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Help! I've been BITTEN!!!

Yep. Ed & I drove down to the Menlo Park Mall last night to go to Steve & Barry's and check out SJP's Bitten line and Victorya's dress. We were going to buy it as a cute/gag gift for someone for Christmas.

There was a PR4 related poster in the window, but not a lot of hype inside the store. I was expecting a picture of Victorya and a big display. It was on a rack up front but there wasn't any signage where it would grab your eye right away.

We were also surprised (though I guess we shouldn't have been) at how THIN the material for the shirt dress was. It was a cute design up close ('cause it hadn't looked like much to me on TV), but the fabric really lost it for me. Might have been okay for a summer schmata in lighter colors, but it wasn't working for me as winter merchandise in such dark colors. It was priced at $19.98 (or thereabouts).

The vest, on the other hand, was adorable. It was $14.98 so we scooped one right up. Just perfect for a tween or teen girl. Would go with the dress or with any white blouse and jeans or slacks. Cute, cute, cute. Nice cut and fabric, too. Any 10 - 18 year old girl would love it.

And (sadly) since I often am a 12 year old girl trapped in a 42 year old man's body, I had to try it on at home. Here are the tragic results. We bought a small (it is a gift for someone) and it was a bitch to get on. I almost dislocated a shoulder! And then I couldn't get it off after I snapped the pictures.

Notice the smart design and cut of the vest. My meager pecs don't really show the lovely darting to its best advantage.














It was snug in the shoulders, but look at how nicely it hangs.

And don't forget the racerback!

14 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Sewing Siren said...

Oh, Bill you are fantastic. I love, love, love, the picture of you in the vest.
I have to admit I am far (far, far)from the age demographic that Bitten is for, but I was going to buy that little dress for myself. Sadly (or maybe thankfully) there are no Steve and Barry stores in my area.

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, you crack me up! I always love to read your comments on the Project Rungay site, altho I miss the Musical Monday tidbits.

Kzspot

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger TLo said...

LOL. You're so funny, Bill. We love you, dear!

XO
T&L

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Thombeau said...

Oh Bill, darling, you just couldn't help yourself, could you! Teehee!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Sewing Siren said...

Bill, I don't see a "contact me" button on your blog. So I'll let you know here that I probably shouldn't. Thank you for your kind offer .
I didn't know if it would be bad form to contact you through the Farm Store. I wouldn't want to annoy Ed ;) .

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Hi sewing siren - never even realized that I didn't make my email address available on my profile. It's there now.

It would have been okay to contact me through Ed. Nothing seems to annoy him.

But now you can find my email in my profile if you ever need it. Maybe someday we'll go to Steve and Barry's together and try stuff on.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Sewing Siren said...

Maybe someday we'll go to Steve and Barry's together and try stuff on.

That would be fun, wouldn't it?
And by the by I do not wear Womens size :P.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kanani said...

This made me laugh! I love that sometimes you're a 12 year old girl in a 42 year old man's body. I think it aptly describes a lot of us.

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.... I just noticed. There are a lot of those dresses for sale on eBay!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Sewing Siren said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Sewing Siren said...

Sewing Siren said...
Guess what Bill? There is a Steve and Barry in the city were I live (about 9 miles from me). Anyway I decided to take a little field trip, and everything in the store was on sale for $8.98! How could I resist, I ask you? So I bought the dress and the vest. They really are cute and I love that damn pussycat bow, it is a lot of fun to play with. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Vick, she's taking a lot of heat on line.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Glad you got the opportunity for some fun at Steve & Barry's. You really can't beat the prices.

Victorya really is taking a lot of unnecessary heat. Some of the commentors have gotten very critical of late and some have gotten a bit harsh with each other. TLo are still doing there always exemplary work, but the comments from the readers seemed lighter, more fun and better natured a few weeks ago. Or is it just me? It just seems to be missing the smiles and the all-in-good-fun jabs of a feww weeks earlier.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Sewing Siren said...

Yes, the tone on the comments has changed somewhat. I believe the blog has gotten some good press lately, and more hits which is good for TLo (I hope).

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, the vest is a tad small for you, but from the side you totally pull it off!

just wanted to say hi after i so enjoyed your comments on the project rungay site.

and oh, the store is to DIE for! i wish i didn't live all the way down in florida. then again, there's a folk art gallery here that often has some good stuff you all might be interested in. here's the site:

http://www.jtfolkart.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home