Someone in a Tree

It's the fragment, not the day. It's the pebble, not the stream. It's the ripple, not the sea, that is happening. Not the building but the beam. Not the garden but the stone. Only cups of tea. And history. And someone in a tree.

Friday, April 14, 2006

All Roads Lead to Follies - March 8, 2003

It's like my favorite "Broadway Baby" John Tenneson says, "All roads lead to Follies."
This May, I want you to try the "Road You Didn't Take" before and join us "Beautiful Girls" as we head to the Signature Theatre in that "Pleasant Little Kingdom " of Arlington, VA for their production of Stephen Sondheim's Follies.

Apparently, I waited "Too Many Mornings" to try and get us seats. I was "Waiting for the Girls Upstairs" to pick which weekend to head down. "Ah, But Underneath" all that waiting lurked danger. I though I was "Losing My Mind" when I tried to order tickets last month and found that the original weekend shows were all sold out. I thought I would never be the same "In Buddy's Eyes" or anyone else's. All I could hear was "Rain on the Roof" and disappointment in your voices as I told you that we were going to miss the show. I wanted to say "Don't Look at Me" because I was so ashamed for not ordering sooner. I thought I'd be shunned, and you'd all say "Who's That Woman?" (that weary, dreary woman) when I passed you on the street. I figured I'd be crying the "God-Why-Don't-You-Love-Me Blues" for years.

But now there is reason to "Live, Laugh, Love" again. Fate has smiled upon me and given me "One More Kiss." Mike Paleos called me last week and told me, "You're Gonna Love Tomorrow" because the Signature has extended the Follies run by three weeks. It turns out that our theatre "Love Will See Us Through." Oh, joy! "Who Could Be Blue?" I feel redeemed. "I'm still Here," and I'm the "Right Girl" for planning our theatre adventures after all.

Since we're making a weekend of it, we might get a chance to tour a bit of Washington, "Uptown Downtown," and see "All Things Bright and Beautiful" like that "Little White House" where the Bush Family lives. And if we go out dancing after the show, be sure to break out "That Old Piano Roll" and ask John to dance - "Can That Boy Foxtrot!"

So pack your hat boxes and makeup bags for the weekend of May 30th to June 1st. Signature Theatre told me to "Bring On the Girls" because they have 8 tickets for us for Saturday, May 31st at 8 pm. (Originally, there were going to be 10 of us, but two girls had to drop out. I'll tell you the "Story of Lucy and Jessie" some other time. It's too much to get into right now.) Tickets with handling come to $43 each.

Can't wait!! XO - Bill

Editor's Note - In light of current world events, Bill could not bring himself to work "Ah, Paris!" or any reminder of those cowardly Frogs into this email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home